Saturday 13 August 2011

Week 6 (8th-12th August) [Task related to Week 6]

Hello and Welcome Back!

The class started off this week by receiving 2 assignments that was needed to be done. Again! I'm excited to learn something new since learning is an on-going process. So the task received was regarding about effective presentation skills using Impress and make a courseware using powerpoint. Both of these will be related back to our Assignment 5 and Assignment 1. 

Assignment 7a
Based on Assignment 5 "Critical Web-Research Skills & Positive Web Behaviours", my pair(Aileen) and I will need to create a presentation kit using Impress by following the guidelines for a creating a good presentation. 
With Open Office Impress, my pair and I started to create the presentation. We had a tough time as we were more familiar with Microsoft Office Powerpoint. Though both of the multimedia software looks the same. But it is not. It was time consuming for this task to explore the features of Impress. To look on the bright sight, it was indeed something new to learn. After much patience and stamina, it was finally done! This can be viewed here.

Assignment 7b
This assignment was to develop a multimedia courseware for assignment 1 using Microsoft Office Powerpoint  which include all Multimedia elements such as video(to be created in Windows Movie Maker), a GIMP image, and an audio (to be edited using Audacity). 

This was really new to me. But I was really keen in learning this as it requires creativity and innovation. Our lecturer showed us how to edit an audio file which was extremely interesting.

So, I started by opening Windows Movie Maker and downloaded a few youtube video that was related to our group's topic. I cut one part of the youtube video that can be used for our video. Next, we also choose a (Maksim) song to be edited in Audacity. We edited the volume and cut some parts of the song that was too long as an introduction. I used Paint to create some slides in the video so we can insert in Windows Movie Maker as pictures. Thus, compiling it together with the audio was a really interesting thing as both the video and the audio went well together. When  the edited youtube video was inserted in, the audio volume was lowered to our desire. After completing the video, we inserted it into the courseware in Powerpoint.
For the courseware, i downloaded the GIMP 2 to create a GIMP pic to be inserted into Powerpoint. After countless times of watching the tutorial video, i finally manage to create one. 

And thus, the courseware is done after fulfilling all the requirement. 

Conclusion
Although it was a tough week and exams were getting nearer, however, I really enjoyed this week when doing this assignment. Impress presentation was time consuming but I'm grateful for learning the features because it will at least prepare me a back-up if one day my Microsoft office powerpoint occurs any problem. I really want to thank my pair, Aileen for contributing more in assignment 7a. Without her, i would be lost in the woods. Thanks to our lecturer too for always giving his best in guiding me to do this week assignment. I had an enjoyable time when editing the video with my partner. I was excited too when everything was compiled and was successful. This week has impressed me well to learn new interesting stuff about ICT. Really looking forward for the coming week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment