Sunday 24 July 2011

Week 3 (18th-24th July) [Task related to Week 3a]

Another week has welcomed us with a mountain full of workload, However, I am prepare to complete the task with all my ability.

In this week, we have to complete an assignment and download Open Office 3.3.

The task given is from Task Week 3a:
This will be assignment 4. My pair (Aileen) and I have to do a Literature Review using online materials. We have to write a report on what should be done in Malaysia (identify the research problem). Since our topic is Thinking Skills and ICT, we chose to write on "How to improve web research skill in Malaysia context."

The 4 materials we need to find are from Google Book, Google Scholar, and 2 from UKM online library.
After reading through some online journal and material and several brainstorming sessions with Aileen, we finally pen down our thoughts using Open Office. I am really happy about it as I have gained more knowledge and be more aware of the problems that Malaysian should overcome to improve themselves.

When under-going this assignment, the obstacles that we face is that we could not access to UKM online library to access to the journal. However, we finally manage to pull though this tough time after some help from our course coordinator. We found many materials but only hand picked the selected few after thoroughly reading it as only some are relevant. Researching this topic has undeniable trained me to use my critical thinking to pick up the right materials when we need to refer to complete our literature review. We also learnt to access to something new: Open Office 3.3. It is a free program that is like Microsoft Office. This application is new for me and I find it interesting after I slowly familiarizes it. Thanks to our lecturer who had taught us well.  

I'm delighted with myself when I learn this subject as I have now enhance myself (with the help of my pair, Aileen, and lecturer) with more knowledge about improving Malaysian on web research skills and learning to use Open Office 3.3. This will definitely be of good use in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment